View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #7
jodydewey

Re: 5 speed conversion with pics

So far I have the clutch pedal finished and painted. I didnt think a picture of it would have been warranted. Hopefully my clock is correct. I am hoping that with the lever changed to straight up and down when I push in the clutch pedal it will have enough throw to completely engage the slave cylinder. Until the lever is installed I really won't know. I am waiting to continue the saga until the front end is pulled off of my truck. My engine is broken and I am pulling the entire front end off to make it easier to take the engine and transmission out and also give me room to work the clutch master cylinder. I also thought while it was off to weld off all the holes, paint the firewall, and put in new inner fenders. I figured while the whole front end is off the pictures will be much easier to work.

For the other questions, an NV3500 will NOT take huge amounts of torque. Maybe 350 lb/ft tops. No dropping the clutch or power shifting. For how I drive though it should be great. I am really stoked about putting it in so I can get overdrive.