View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #84
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

I started the Hydratech booster swap this weekend. Got everything installed and bought a new power steering pump because I wasn't comfortable relying on the old dented and rusty pump to run the booster and stop the truck. The damn thing leaks because the bracket mounts to the back of the pump and I can't get it to help seal one of the bolt holes where the case and the pump meet. I doubt the bracket on the truck is original, but I'm afraid if I swap for an aftermarket front, low mount power steering pump bracket, that it won't line up with the pulley's.

I'm going to try a quick fix tonight... buy an o-ring and a washer that will fit snugly against the bolt and put the o-ring against the pump case, then the washer, then the bracket followed by the lock washer and bolt head. Hopefully there will be enough material between the bracket and the pump case to hold the pressure back and seal the pump. If this doesn't work, I need a front, low mount bracket. Not able to do full kit swap yet as the money isn't there.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote