View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #783
special-K
Special Order

Re: Vintage 4wd Pictures:Other Makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I wonder how much he would hesitate if you him that you would hold him to his word and have him accompany you back across the states.
Good luck! If things go bad near Portland let me know I maybe able to help.
I used to buy western trucks and drive them home way back when. My '72 K2500 is one (2001). The last one I bought was in Greely, CO 2004, '72 K/20. I bought it from now defunct Classical Gas and they told me "drive anywhere". I was real busy with my work back then, so considered just running it down to my Sister's in Taos, in case there were issues. This was my first 'dealer buy', so more concerned with the honesty factor as well as actual knowledge of condition being known. I finally decided no time for that and had it shipped. Good thing! The truck shows up and first thing the driver tells me is what a PIA it has been moving the truck with no clutch, had to start in gear. Ok, so it needs a clutch. I decide to run it up to the crossroads 5-6 miles away to put gas in it. I got up to 40mph and the front tires were bouncing like a basketball. Turned back and discovered the ball joints were way shot. Next I go to creep it on the backroads up to my shop 20-25 miles away. Coming up out of the valley a mile down the road I shift to 4th and it falls on it's face. Calipers were hot/froze up tight. I cut the hoses and carried on. That would have been a disaster to try to drive home. So glad I shipped it

Other make:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote