View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 04:03 AM   #806
Dooley

Re: Vintage 4wd Pictures:Other Makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
I've driven the deuces off highway quite a bit in the army. But I only road marched one once. It started raining real bad. It got so loud in that thing. Oh, and the wiper on the driver side went out. If I remember it was an air pressured wiper setup. My TC wouldn't let me pull over and try to fix it. I remember all the maintenance 5ton drivers wore ear protection. But the grunts in the line units driving the deuces just toughed it out and went deaf. Because you never knew when you were going to get yanked and put behind the wheel. That's why the army is for the young guys! Oh, and troops are the worst cargo. You should hear them b ithc, every little bump. If you're a bad driver you're in for some $hit when you stop.

j
The 5 tons have the electric wipers.
I have an electric kit I want to install in one of the deuces.
Been more than a few times I worked the drivers side manually when it stopped working. In the pic below I ran the wipers in an effort to see in a snow storm at -4 degrees temp. It got so cold that day I stopped after moisture in the air lines froze and locked the brakes up and I had to get a heater to thaw them out on the side of the road.
Attached Images

Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote