View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 10:12 PM   #8
Killer Bee

Re: Bowties11. BAD DEAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssslitherinn View Post
PayPal was a joke to deal with when it came to a chargeback. They wanted me to file a police report in order to forward my claim? What good is a police report going to be when dealing with an International claim? Waste of time PayPal was. And, could you imagine the look an officer would give you for wasting their time on a report that was useless and had no possibility of being enforced due to international law?
Canadian buyers beware.

a police counter report memorializes a person's statement of fact in the presence of a uniformed official where the agents of an organization cannot be present..

when an employee of my company loses a badge, they have to file police report.. the police are not going to look for their badge however it documents the employee's official statement..

in a way it's similar to having a statement notarized except that police counter reports are typically used for reports of crime or incidents that me be connected to a crime or potential crime.. eg, lost badge was stolen or employee attempting to acquire duplicate badges, etc..

police reports also elevate the validity of a complaint, in a sense reduces likelihood of a frivolous complaint.. people are less likely to make a nonsensical claim to a police officer..

this standard procedure for some companies however some will process claims with affidavit.. I haved filed both.. one example, home phone number published somewhere as a fax number and we received never ending fax calls to our phone, phone company required a police report which was simple and easy to get.. other example we had a fraudulent charge on a credit card, credit card company only required an affidavit..

good luck!