View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 08:20 AM   #9
Ssslitherinn

Thumbs up Re: Bowties11. BAD DEAL

Hmm! Thanks Killer Bee.

This information does make a valid point when a police report is required. I wish I knew this when dealing with my PayPal claim. I'll definitely refer to this information if I ever need to file a claim, or if a police report is required. Good information, and thank you for taking the time to relay the message.

Have a good one eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
a police counter report memorializes a person's statement of fact in the presence of a uniformed official where the agents of an organization cannot be present..

when an employee of my company loses a badge, they have to file police report.. the police are not going to look for their badge however it documents the employee's official statement..

in a way it's similar to having a statement notarized except that police counter reports are typically used for reports of crime or incidents that me be connected to a crime or potential crime.. eg, lost badge was stolen or employee attempting to acquire duplicate badges, etc..

police reports also elevate the validity of a complaint, in a sense reduces likelihood of a frivolous complaint.. people are less likely to make a nonsensical claim to a police officer..

this standard procedure for some companies however some will process claims with affidavit.. I haved filed both.. one example, home phone number published somewhere as a fax number and we received never ending fax calls to our phone, phone company required a police report which was simple and easy to get.. other example we had a fraudulent charge on a credit card, credit card company only required an affidavit..

good luck!
Ssslitherinn is offline   Reply With Quote