View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 08:15 AM   #12
ehcees
Account Suspended

RESISTOR-Where IS IT? BLOWER FAN MOTOR, Relay wires

11/15/06 – First are shown answers to prior advised diagnostic attempts:
1. Cdowns said: The resistor is located over on the passenger side by the heater box// the easy way is to just follow the lt blue, drk blue and yellow wires coming from the heater control switch.[/COLOR]
1.2 ehcees: The wires on the fan switch (3 speeds) are brown, 2 yellows, & light blue. All of the wires under the dash are wraped in black plastic. Hence I am unable to trace by color from the fan (blower) switch to the resistor. Please confirm if “heater control switch” is same as the 3 speed blower switch?

2. clay68C10 The resistor only runs low & medium speed. Can you hear the relay click when you put the fan switch on high?
2.2 ehcees: Relay in fact does click when blower switch is placed on high speed. Guess this means that relay is OK?

4. dwaite72lnghrn – Relay wires & colors.
4.4 ehcees: Have looked at relay again & now found ground BLK wire. Hence I stand corrected. The relay wires on my ’71 with factory AC include: Two connectors attached to the relay: One has a single orange wire. Second connector has blue, another orange & purple wire. Total of four wires on two connectors + BLK attached to one of two mounting hex screws.

THE LATEST BELOW:

8. sneakysnake: Schematic image provided.

8.1 ehcees: Thanks. Resistor 3 wires appear to go: Two go to control switch. (Please confirm is this is the 3 speed blower switch?) & 1 wire to Blower Motor Relay. However, schematic does not include the heater box so it does tell where the resistor is mounted. Do you have an opinion for location of resistor with factory AC? How do I download the schematic attached image? I see no link of button to do this?[/COLOR]

9. Solver: Provided 3 photos no AC box & 3 photos of with Heat/AC box.

9.1 ehcees: These Heater box photos are great. In the 3 photos with AC, I see no resistor in the photo as it was probably taken off the box to remove the box from truck. Can you tell where the resistor was mounted on the heater box that is for factory AC?Photo #3 (No AC) seems to show the resistor on bottom left, but ehcees can’t tell what piece of the heater box the resistor is attached to. Can you tell us? How do I download photo attached image? I see no link of button to do this? One of your truck photos has my two tone colors. Not my favorite, but then Ochred was a 1970’s thing.