View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 05:42 PM   #1
Kas68c10

Post Springs and spring cups

Putting new rear coil springs, cups and trailing arms in the truck. I know the ends of the springs are supposed to line up with the indents in the cups. That was fine in the top, but when I tighten down the lower the cup spins.The cups seem to fit the springs ok, but not if I line up the indents to the ends, it is off by small amount. Should I wait until the truck is on ground to tighten ? Is it possible that I have wrong srpings and or cups,or the cups/springs switched top to bottom ? Any input appreciated.
Thanks

------------------
1968 SWB Stepside, pwr disc brake and tilt pwr steering, 5 spd tranny, HEI,Accel coil,K&N filter,3 bolt seatbelts, original i6 and wood bed, seat from an 89 Chevy, front and rear sway bars, moved gas tank to under the bed, headman hedders, new chrome bumpers,one wire alternator,WORK IN PROGRESS,Daily driver, 20 MPG, Freeland MI

1968 SWB Stepside, 250,pwr disc brake and tilt pwr steering, 5 spd tranny, HEI,Accel coil,K&N filter,Seat from a later truck with built in seatbelts, front and rear sway bars, moved gas tank to under the bed, headman hedders, new chrome bumpers,one wire alternator,Weber k550cub carburator...WORK IN PROGRESS, Freeland MI , Just bought a 72 Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!
Kas68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote