View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 02:34 AM   #14
jorgensensc

Haven't replied to this thread in awhile, I apologize, I didn't realize members were asking questions.
Thanks Zoomy for the TTT!!!
Here goes..
71HUGGER396,
There really isn't ANY room between the filler neck and the bottom of the bed. I barely got the filler hose on. It doesn't put any stress on the neck, but it is about 1/8" close.

RED71CHEVY,
The tank is galvanized and no I didn't use any type of sealant on the inside, maybe in hindsight I should have, but I don't think there will be a problem. I coated everything with rubberized undercoating, so there shouldn't be any problems with the mating surfaces. I've heard (not personal experience) That ABS tanks can Sag when full. I've also heard they do that when the heat sets in in the summer. Once again, just what I've heard.

kaycee,
I will get the filler install posted soon, I promise!!

oldcarbuff,
Watch for my side marker light install. Yes you can use a filler tube to the fender. My truck is a stepside too.

gbkwork,
I don't think it will be too low, I will get you a pic soon though.

Thanks to everyone who said great job!! I get soo much from this board and I just want to give a little back!!!!

Look for Tennman's Side Marker Fuel Fill (revised for a stepside) install soon!!!!
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE