View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #17
71RestoRod

Re: November 2009 - The "B" Word!

Hey all,

I wanted to thank you all for the votes and kind replies. No question that each one of the "B-words" posted this month is a winner.

I usually don't care about contests or awards and that sort of thing. I just enjoy fixing up old stuff and meeting and learning from others that share the same passion. You folks really get it and receiving your nod is truly an honor. It means a lot to me and I greatly appreciate it.

For me it's more about the journey than the destination. You gotta have balance to keep peace. The RestoRod was a seven year project that I worked on mostly in the dark after the wife and kid had gone to sleep. It's a miracle that it turned out as straight as it did.

Balance of course, also means having an active project vehicle...! At the risk of offending my Chevy brethren, I'd like to share with you a couple off-topic peeks of the current project. One pic "as found" (three years ago, damn how time flies...) and one I took just moments ago next to my helpers. It's on the road this summer for the first time in almost 50 yrs. Btw, I still don't get enough sleep.

Thanks again. Car guys (and gals) rock and this group is the best.

Resto