View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #69
Matt Man

Re: 81 Chevy K10 ShortBed

I thought maybe I would ask for a opinion, gears and lockers are working great by the way, need 35's now, but it has great power now! Vintage air will come during my winter school break.

I am at the point of this build where I put more money than the truck is worth, which is no problem with me since I would like to keep it for a long time and have no intention of selling a vehicle that I own.

New motor, radiator, alternator, carb, emissions components, axles rebuilt, all new interior and rubber seals, heater components, nice stereo ect... only thing I haven't touched on this truck is the transmission or transfer case.

So the question is do I paint it? Granted I don't want to spend enough money for a show quality paint job which cost 7k+. I was thinking more along the lines of a 2500-3500$ job. My truck has decent single stage paint, but has bondo behind the rear wheel on the passenger side, as well as multiple small dings in both doors along the hood and roof. And overall the paint is just showing its age/ lack of quality.

I was thinking about getting the bondo fixed at a professional shop, and having Maaco or another high volume shop paint it. Again, I am not expecting a show quality job (I have REAL expectations when it comes to paint). Should I have the truck painted with a metallic (will be base/clear coat), I figured metallic paint will hide some imperfections. I would REALLY like to paint the truck victory red, but I could settle with spiral grey metallic. Only thing I would like the shop to do is remove the bed to paint, or at least slide it back to paint the back properly also pull the front and rear glass to paint inside he jambs. Hence the higher budget.

sorry for the long post, I just thought I would get opinions on paint options...
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Last edited by Matt Man; 08-27-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote