View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 12:36 AM   #103
Matt Man

Re: 81 Chevy K10 ShortBed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Well that sucks. What was it out on? Nox? Hydrocarbons?
It passed out the tailpipe, they failed me because 2 of the vacuum hoses were not hooked up, turns out I need a check valve. Technically the vacuum lines are going to the right place, there is just no check valve really. I was extremely frustrated earlier and said I was going to sell it, but I am going to try and fix it first. I was going to delete my add but I can't so I will let it run its course. It blows my mind how it passes out the tailpipe and fails for no check valve which does nothing for emissions. Also I need a new fuel cap, no big deal already got one.

So when the guy told me he was going to fail me for those vacuum lines I asked him where they go since I passed 2 years ago, he told me he had no idea where they went. I then asked him why are you going to fail me if you don't know where they go he simply said "follow the diagram" what a goon if he doesn't know where they go, how does he know they're in the wrong place. Once I get it to pass its getting a new steering column and new paint.

I will need a new catalytic converter because the nox and Hydrocarbons are on the high side, but I already knew this. I will be putting stock manifolds back on and redoing the exhaust system sometime in the next 2 years. Overall its just frustrating, I can't wait to finish school so I can move to another state.
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote