Thread: My 42 Project
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #103
joedoh

Re: My 42 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by docrock View Post
I have been looking for about a year and have not won any on ebay or seen any good ones on craigslist. I still think the ford ones if you cut the square part at the running board it might work. You are doing great to have that many sets.
I heard that the 37-8 fenders are wider because of the narrower bed.
I think the 37-8 fenders have a style line around the wheel opening, but are the same width as 41-46, I believe its the 39-40 that are wider, you can usually spot them by the tiny little tailgates with the script chevrolet on them. I know where a 39-40 bed is with fenders but its on a different truck and cant be separated, well, by the owner anyway. I could buy the whole thing and split it I guess.

I have three cabs, three extra doors, four front clips, four beds (including what I think is a 1940 gmc steel floor bed), three sets of running boards but only 2.5 sets of fenders. I can go buy this truck with the 40 fenders, but really all I need is the fenders, not trying to be the illuminated collector.

funny story about your ford fender idea, I bought the single passenger fender I have from a guy who I saw in a craigslist ad that had a bunch of fenders hanging from the rafters, I asked if he had any 41-46 and he said "dunno, come look". this is the complete 41 he had, it was actually an older (40?) cab with the 46 front clip and a 46 long bed on a 50 chassis. you can see some of the fenders hanging that I spotted in the ad

I went and looked and I thought I found a pair but the drivers side had a spare dimple in it and on closer inspection was a 40 ford, so it fooled me. I took a picture of the running board attaching area because I had no idea what it was till I got home and looked up what it was.

I bet you are right, only the truly cognoscenti would spot it.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote