View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 11:20 PM   #46
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
ken,
great score!! will be following as well. I may have missed it? but I assume that the truck is a conversion to SWB? can you give little detail on how it was done? also were/are you "scared" about the "workmanship" if a conversion? I am in the beginning stages of looking for a squarebody project as well, I am fully aware of the rareness of finding a "descent" truck for a good price! it seems like the second that I started looking the prices jumped about 15% higher!!!

what are you thoughts on the drivetrain? I am really wanting to do a 5.3/4l60 in my project, I am planning on it to be a DD with a flare for showing as well...

let the games begin!!

Jake
I had been doing lots of low key searching for while. This truck was far from what i was actually after as far as condition, but a thorough inspection disclosed that it had great bones. I had been provided with detailed pictures of the frame cut and felt it was done to my satisfaction. Initially I passed on the deal based on condition vs asking price. The seller was motivated and made me an offer I couldn't pass on.

Its currently running the most anemic 454 GM ever made, and I have never been a big fan of 454s, but I think this truck needs one. Im considering a 7.4 Vortec, or possibly even an 8.1 . If I do go LS it will be a 6.2, but they are so pricey that probably won't happen. Not matter what, it will be an injected motor with a vintage look.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote