View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #50
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: "Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
I had been doing lots of low key searching for while. This truck was far from what i was actually after as far as condition, but a thorough inspection disclosed that it had great bones. I had been provided with detailed pictures of the frame cut and felt it was done to my satisfaction. Initially I passed on the deal based on condition vs asking price. The seller was motivated and made me an offer I couldn't pass on.

Its currently running the most anemic 454 GM ever made, and I have never been a big fan of 454s, but I think this truck needs one. Im considering a 7.4 Vortec, or possibly even an 8.1 . If I do go LS it will be a 6.2, but they are so pricey that probably won't happen. Not matter what, it will be an injected motor with a vintage look.
ken,
thanks for the reply, I am at the same "low key" searching stage as well glad you are happy with the work of the conversion. about the "most anemic 454 GM ever made" you have to be talking about the 1990 454ss model motor! I agree that if you have a choice that I would go with the 6.2l injected as well
my 0.02 worth on the tailgate band is the "narrow" one. it just screams "ol' school" classy to me - in a subtle way... . ok.. now the question that is on everyone's mind.........

how do you find these great base trucks to begin your masterpieces with?

Last edited by rodstored-72; 04-26-2018 at 04:57 PM. Reason: grammer
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote