View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #93
1957 Chief
Proud Vet that loves the USA

Re: Clifford the Big Red Truck~~The Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44boggers View Post
My bed support interfered with the filler neck of my Boyd tank. Is your filler neck also located directly under the bed support? I had to notch my bed support to make it work. I will also have to drop the tank about 1/2'' because the bed hits the fuel fittings. Any issue with that?

As far as the fuel neck is too short, why don't you use some rubber hose to connect the tank fuel neck to the fuel cap?
Yes sir, had to drill right through the bed support. Also, I ordered the filler kit to attempt to fix it, and it is too high for the damn bed floor. So I have to fix that as well. If the designed the filler neck the same height as the bed floor, it would be great, but they didn't and I don't like it. If i had to do it all over, id prolly explore a different tank manufacturer.

As far as the lines, I used an AN-6 union into the tank and went straight into a 90-degree swivel fitting for my hoses. I have no issues whatsoever. You can prolly see them in some of the pics I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ@RideTech View Post
Put a ladder on the roof of it...I dare you.

Looks great man! I love the progress. Can't wait to see it turned loose at LS Fest.
Pshhhhh come on John...I already got an alum ladder for it. They prolly won't let my son Auto-x with it on the roof, but we will bring it.

Bubba
1957 Chief is offline   Reply With Quote