View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 01:41 AM   #17
K20chevy

Re: 68 K20 Panel truck, ex. civil defence vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynecar53 View Post
As I recall the back doors were lettered either FIRE RESCUE or RESCUE SERVICE depending on the age of the truck and all carried the round CD logo. I might be able to get you a pic of the roof rack that is on an International, they were all basically the same. The rescue basket you refer to is called a "Stokes Basket" and I have one if you cant find one closer to you. The roof racks were simple angle iron and the bumpers were just diamond plate steel with a step across the bottom. I'm sure that you have already but if not Google "Civil Defense truck" and there are several photos of the "contents" that was carried displayed outside on a tarp. A member over on the PCS board from Ca. has reproduced the CD logos but any good sign shop could do those for you. Looking forward to following this project...Wayne
Hi Wayne, it would be great if you could get a picutre or two off of that international truck with the roof rack. IŽll have to get the mechanical and the Body work done first, but if I canŽt come up with a stokes basked, IŽll get back to you for that. Thanks for the offer. I did locate a siren and the large beacon and have someone look for the small beacons.

The rear bumper on this truck was a Little different, they had 3 compartments in the bumper, I assume for ropes or stuff like that. So itŽll be a Little more difficult to recreate that from scratch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynecar53 View Post
I forgot to mention... check out the Civil Defense Museum sitr. There is a list of the equipment carried on light duty (yours) medium and heavy duty trucks plus some great photos....
Thanks I did and already saved the Pictures, so I can go on the hunt for parts once the truck gets done.

Ralf

68 Chevy K20 Panel truck, build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...41#post7263441
K20chevy is offline   Reply With Quote