View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #24
MadManAndrew

Re: 1955 Chevy 3600 “9 Years or Less”

Today was the day! Today was the day I actually started working on this truck. My appointment for VIN inspection was Thursday. I had to load the truck up and take it 35 miles South to the inspection station. At first the officer told me the truck was “unidentifiable”, but after some back and forth and him discussing it with his superior for 30 minutes, they finally certified it with the full serial number including the first “J” even though that is missing on the serial number stamped on the frame. Then I had to take my inspection certificate back 70 miles North to the DMV regional service center to get my application for bonded title approved. I left my house at 8am to pick up the trailer and I didn’t walk out of the DMV until after 5, so this was an all day affair. Anyway, then, Friday, after buying a $6000 title bond I got to take all that paperwork 40 miles southeast to my county tax office to get my actual title. What a PITA this all way, but at least I am getting a title.

Is there anything specific I should try to keep? Goal right now is to get it torn down to cab and chassis.
Attached Images