View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 10:14 AM   #35
Rokcrln

Re: Dropmember in a 69 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryingJoker
yeh thanx for askin bout big block rokcrln i was about to, guess i'll be one of those rarities....
No problem! I have been looking around for different front set up and this may just be it. I thought about MustangII which is a good desigh but our trucks are heavy and the basic MustangII set up has smaller spindles and brakes unless you want to spend major $ to up grade everything. Then I am also checking into Corvett suspention and I do like it but also it is alot of money just for doner parts + a install kit + labor from a qualified shop to install it for most guys and once it is in you are stuck for life. This Dropmember uses our stock parts (or improved after market parts just for our trucks) and has been narrowed just a bit for tire clearance. If you want to run it as is you can and then up grade later as $ allows to tubular arms, disk brakes or biger disk brakes and if for some reason you wanted to return to stock you would be able to with out way to much work. The reason I say this is because I am starting to design my 70 2wd blazer and can not decide if I want to go full custom on it or do a real clean stock look but dump it to the ground. My only concern is they are so rare for a factory 2wd I really do not want to much that would make it non returnable to stock if some one every wanted to but at the same time I can not drive a stock vehical So I am thinking this would be the best of both worlds. Then in my 71 SWB I have already spent the money for bags, disk's, big sway bars, drop spindles and so on but it is not as low as I want to go and I still have the tire clealance issue that I think this kit would fix.

So if anyone up in my area wants one of these installed I will do a great install price so I can check it out before buying a few for my own toys

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote