View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 01:02 PM   #6
FirstOwner69

Re: Need another pic: hooked up battery area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
You cannot remove your battery for fear of scratching your paint? How do you put in new batteries---does removing a battery normally scratch the paint? (I cannot make you move your battery for a picture, thank you for the help you have given though).

I have three ground wires that I want to hook up soon but am not sure where those go and I would rather wait and be sure than take the chance of creating a bigger problem.
At your service (there is always a risk of paint damage when removing anything from under the hood)...
Below is a picture with the battery out. It shows 2 ground wires from the headlight harness. One is for the headlight and the other from, I think, the side marker light. I'm not sure how the parking light is grounded and that may vary depending on model year and could be your 3rd ground. Have you tried tracing those 3 wires?

If you have gauges, I believe you should have 3 wires to the junction block. As I noted in post 2 you probably won't have the 12 gauge red wire for the camper wiring option. The 3 wires are:
- The fusible link from the positive battery cable
- The 12 gauge red that runs to the alternator and voltage regulator.
- A small black with white stripe wire with an inline fuse holder. This wire is only present if you have gauges (ammeter). Is it possible that this is what you believe to be a ground?

All wires, except the camper wire, are routed over the core support in the black plastic conduit/wire gutter.
Attached Images

FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote