View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Re: 71 Chevy C10 Radio Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by laplander View Post
Wait................. when did Ipod start offering am/fm tuners of of their Ipods? What version is it? How is the sound quality? do you have a pic of one installed?
Thanks.
I don't have any pics of one installed as I've never really cared about cutting into the dash personally, but my son's nano has a AM/FM tuner on it. I don't know which version it is other than it has the bigger/rectangular color screen. I only tried 1 station on it and it came in clear.

As for sound quality from an iPod directly to an amp, there will be 2 loses in quality...1 is that it's already a compressed format of sound, 2 is depenent on how you connect the iPod to the amp.

There's 3 ways to connect the ipod:

1. A simple RCA to Audio jack wire which will then use the iPod as the controller. (least quality)
2. Using the same RCA to Audio wire, but also adding an line in booster. (better quality)
3. Purchase an iPod controller (I believe Kenwood makes one, but I saw the post on the HAMB about it) to go in conjuction with amp. (supposedly best quality, but more things to purchase)

If it were me, I'd do #1 1st and then #2 if the quality was too bad to handle.