View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #144
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: 69 C10 swb stepside project 45 ACP

As usual the Camaro got put on the back burner with the family coming first.

My need for a truck has also pushed the Camaro down the list too.

Got to work upgrading the steering and brakes on the stepside in preparation for the new engine. Installed the power steering gear box from my 67 C10 along with the Delco brake booster I had and a new power disc master cylinder I picked up.

Reconfigured and converted the drum brake hard lines from the distribution block to fit the disc brake proportioning valve with a couple reducer fittings from the parts store.

Also bent the 67 hard lines to match up with the different angle of the 69 flex hose mounting tabs.

Still more to do on the front brake conversion. I put it together the first time with the upper arms on the wrong sides to what the caster angle would be. The spindle angle measured out at 14 degrees this way. A bit too much without relocating the lower A-arms to bring it down. I will put the upper A-arms back on the stock side and relocate the lower arms instead to give me the 5 to 8 degrees of caster I want.

Started cutting the 67 cab apart to get the good roof inner & outer skins I need for the stepside. Man the bottom side of that 67 was rusty. Seattle weather and a leaky cowl area really took its toll on that poor truck.

A little more cutting on the 67 to get it out of the way so I have room to work.

After that I just need to yank the engine out of the Malibu and drop it into the stepside.

Lots of clean up and paint work to do but most of that will not happen until after I put the whole truck together. Pics to follow once I get them off the camera at home.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote