View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 07:12 PM   #1316
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgieb51 View Post
Yes! I truly have a higamder (Highlander without spell check's help). But when I bought it as a work truck back in 1986 no one knew anything about Highlanders. I just thought it odd that my truck was only a custom deluxe but had all these options like tilt, AC, and plaid seats. At the same time I owned a suburban with Highlander blue seats. I wish I still had it. (402 loaded). Any way , I got off track. Amazingly enough I still have that truck and after 15 years as a work truck I decide to "restore" it, (year 1999) but still did not know about Highlanders, but fortunately I treated that truck gently and took it off the road in the winter, so it never got rusty. I have thought about posting photos in the Highlander section but felt embarrased because I took out the worn plaid seat (that plaid cloth does not hold up well) and put in bucket seats and a console. So that is my story. It is no longer a true Highlander but in spirit it is. Should I post it? Amazingly enough I still have the original seat and the parchment vinyl in it is in good condition. I suppose that could be restored for a lot of money, and I could scrap the buckets. What do you think?
Sure post pic of the truck and of course a spid pic and include one of the original seat as well. If you do post it up a little bit on your history of the truck would be good too, There are some rough tough Highlanders in that thread.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021