View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 10:07 AM   #189
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Got off work a little early yesterday so I knocked out a couple to do's.

I was looking for some way to support the remote rad cap for the a/w. I borrowed one of the chinese intercooler boots and routed the upper rad hose and a/w hose through it. It supports it well and was an easy fix.

Crappy picture but I fitted the last of the 2 trans cooler lines. They go from the frame rail up and over the downpipe and into the trans. Glad to be done with that job. Assuming nothing leaks...

I started hacking up the intercooler piping to get it fit up. I was looking for a way to make a lip on the ends I cut up to help keep the boots from flying off under boost. I ended up using some spark plug wire crimpers. Not a huge lip but I think itll do the job.

I got everything mocked up and in place without having to make any new bends, etc. I dont love how the boot at the throttle looks as its gonna require 3 clamps. My only other option would be to have someone weld and extension onto my throttle body so that I dont have to use the boot plus the extension. Not sure thats worth all that.

The only thing left on them is to clean them up and install the clamps. I do need to find somebody that'll weld my blow off valve flange to one of the pipes...