View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #17
Woogeroo

Thumbs up Re: January 2012 TOTM

I am nominating this 1987 Blazer, which belongs to my pal here:

4x4chvy

The black truck and the red truck are the same. The black was with the rusted out body, the red was the full body swap body, which will one day be painted black.

The details about the truck :

It meets all the quals, but you know my truck ain't *fancy*, it's a old mudtruk/werktruk, not a pavement princess.

You pick the pitchaz you like. I hate the red. I was in love with my truck when it was black, with the red body.......not so much.

'87 Chevy K5, 350 V8, NP 208 xfer case. 3" body lift, 8" Skyjacker suspension lift, 38" RADIAL Interco Super Swampers.

DONE RIGHT and DONE SAFE, no plastic blocks, no hockey pucks, no cheap-ass lift kit or re-bent springs. Brake lines, steering column, driveshafts - all custom lengthened for the lift. Drop Pittman arm and Steering recurve arm added to steering system compensate for the lift. Tranny & xfer case dropped & rears tipped/shimmed to compensate for the lift. All Grade 8 or better hardware and polyurethane bushinnz.

Everything else has been modded to insanity. Custom pretty much everything: Axles, tranny, rear ends (4:56) headers, no cats, Flow Masters. Blah blah blah. Lemme know if you need more mechanical details. Iz justa mud-monster/tow beast, never meant for showy-floofy-poofy stuff.

Roof is 86" from the ground

Top headlight, center, is 53" from ground (most states, even ones with allowable lift laws, only allow 52" max) http://www.Liftlaws.com

Drivers Floor is 35.5" from the ground

Top of front fender is 61.5" from the ground.

Rear frame rail, lowest point @ bumper is 30" from ground.

Other reason it's not legal in all but 4 states anymore:

Front tires DO stick out beyond the fenders (duh, it's 4wd)

I refuse to put giant ass mud flaps that come 6" from the ground.

No emission crap - so it won't pass.

-----------------------------

The photo with the work/delivery truck and the tow strap... the story: the blazer pulled the flatbed out, which was stuck.

yeah, chevy baby!

like a rock!

-W
Attached Images

Last edited by Woogeroo; 01-17-2012 at 07:11 PM.