View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 06:39 AM   #2673
Ken B

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
I rarely comment on these ads. It looks like a nice truck, but...
- When someone claims original mileage on a vehicle that tops out at 99,999.9, I'd expect proof. In a case like this I'd demand proof.
- I also noticed it has a factory dual exhaust. Hmmm... I didn't think any of the 350 trucks came from the factory with dual exhaust. Am I wrong?

What am I to believe?
Without seeing the truck in person I really don't see anything that shows this truck to be anything other than what the owner claims it to be. Back in the day intakes and carbs got changed before these trucks became so collectible. I'm sure the original exhaust system rotted out a long time ago and Dual exhaust was and still is something many guys like to add. My point is most guys here know what to look for to determine whether a truck is low mileage or not and one of the biggest things is that it must be seen in person.. Most guys that see my 100% original paint Longhorn call me a liar when I tell them its the original paint. If they knew anything about repaints or how these trucks were painted originally they would know... I don't mean to single you out in any way, this was just the easiest way for me to jump in on the conversation..