View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 10:25 PM   #211
Fastandcrazy

Re: Rebuild...(pending a name)

Well, Gents, there is lots to cover here. I've done a lot of things since the last time I posted. I get caught up with life and don't set aside anytime to sit down and put up pictures. So I am going to drop a bunch of pictures now.

First, while I waited to get the rear axle back from the shop, I tackled some cooling. I was almost tempted to buy an aftermarket setup and getting other fans. That would have been totally wasteful as I already have two 12" fans from my previous Be Cool setup. In trying to salvage those and make them more effective in pulling air. I went and purchased a 1/8" sheet of aluminum for ~$50, and made a very sturdy fan shroud and mount.

Here is the sheet of metal, fans, and the radiator. You can see the old setup that came with the Be Cool kit, from almost 15 years ago. It left a lot of open space.
Name:  IMG_4443.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  97.2 KB

The tentative layout.
Name:  IMG_4447.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  101.6 KB

This is the sketch of what needed to be cut out.
Name:  IMG_4452.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  37.9 KB

The fans covered a lot, and if I had cut out the full circles, I would have basically cut the metal sheet in half with an "M" and "w" upper and lower pieces. I felt i would have lost the rigidity
Name:  IMG_4453.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  56.6 KB

With the protective sheet removed and the end result.
Name:  IMG_4455.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  50.6 KB