View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #150
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

Here are the pics. I'll add comments shortly.

I started in on the floor work this weekend. Spent saturday morning making a patch for the drivers side floor. Turned out pretty well (i'm missing the shots of it done. i'll get them later) if i do say so myself. I'm not worry about the looks. Just want to keep my feet dry.

Friday night we got the front and rear glass out. Then on Saturday, after searching all over Des Moines for the right sized clutch drive for two hours, we finally found one at Napa. Yeah, the one we drove by and I said "hey, we should stop there first". That's right Matt. I'm calling you out on that one We did end up getting all of the glass out of the cab though. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like i will be able to get the door glass trim off the glass due to rusted and stripped tiny ass screws. So may need to give LMC a call for those. I may look at drilling them out and just welding them back together. not sure yet.

Ok, so Saturday was the big day for engine trial fitment. Overall, very anti-climatic. headers looked to be a concern at first, but once we got it slid back, all was good. These two pics show the engine about where it will end up. in these shots it's about 2" forward of where it will end up. my motor mounts from Scotts didn't get here in time, but it does seem to be sitting awful high. but at this height, we have good oil pan and trans clearance at the sacrifice of the floor. Fortunately it won't be anything to crazy and will still allow for the factory bench seat.

So, with the test fit done, we started in on the trans X member. My goal was to have it mount 1" above the frame. I have an energy suspension trans mount that i plan to use, so we did some measuring and start in on the fab work. the tube is 1/4", and should make for a pretty beefy X member. because i'm not 100% on where the final mounting location will be, i made the plate on the bottom long (that will bolt to the bottom of the frame rail) and will shim the side plates with 1/8" or 1/4" steel if needed. But, for now, the X member is pretty much out of the way. Just need to do some more welding and grinding.

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 03-23-2009 at 12:54 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote