View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 10:54 AM   #47
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Yet another spray paint comparison thread!

today we will shoot our third challenger the KRYLON Color Master (Paint + Primer) with durable Cover Max technology (wtf, it's right there on the can, you can't make this stuff up) Black Satin from Pep Boys.

Honestly I think this is the product that will give our King the KRYLON Rust Tough Enamel Semi Flat a run for the money!

I wish I still had the pics of a Satin black truck I saw a while ago that made me a convert, I was a paint it flat black type a guy before then. (I lost the pics when my hard drive failed)

Note: In order to compare apples to apples we keep using the same RUST-OLEUM Rusty Metal light gray primer (although we like the brown one better, ha ha)

Initial Observations: the coverage is ok, but a can would not be enough to do front and back, granted I only sprayed two medium coats on one side in hind sight and under better lighting, I should have done at least three coats, I think this is on the account of this being Primer + Paint all in one can (I am not a fan of that since you get less paint)

~ UPDATE April 29, 2020 per Pep Boys manager who contacted KRYLON this paint has been DISCONTINUED !!! ~
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 04-29-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote