View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #125
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My daily driver/beater : How I turned lemons in lemonade

I can see the light on the 4x4 engine job. As soon as I get it finished up completely it will be my daily driver and I can work on the stepside.

Finally got the brackets I needed for the 4x4

And, as I was removing the brackets off the Craigslist guys truck, I noticed the new radiator. Wound up buying it for 40 bucks. Very fortuitous since I was planning on stopping by OReilly and spending 120 for a radiator on my way home anyway. You can see the old leaky radiator in the picture along with the new/used Craigslist radiator.

Pretty much all finished up. The engine sounds good and solid. Nice and smooth. No leaks, seeps, or drips. Just a few things to tidy up, set timing, etc. what you see there is a 350 4bolt main TBI engine with higher compression pistons and a full Vortec roller cam swap. I have about 450 dollars invested in the engine. I did a lot of closely inspecting used parts and rounding up other, better, used parts, to get it all together. The important stuff is all new like bearings, rings and stuff.

Yes, the engine stuff could stand some detailing but I wanted to push through and get this thing on the road rather than spend another month fussing over restoring little parts in the engine bay. Priorities....