View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 12:24 AM   #3
SaveRustySqBodys

Re: 1987 V3500 Build

I had time to pull some of the interior out to get a better look at how the kickpanels and floors looked today. My father helped me remove the seat. I snapped 2 of the seat belt bolts, but overall everything came out nicely.

I've been hoarding random parts for a couple years for a future build so right off the bat I already have all clean panels stashed away for this truck and VERY CLEAN maple red bench seat I got out of a pick-a-pull in Pennsylvania junkyard for $30 a couple months ago. Boy, are those pickapulls nice! No junkyards even close to that here in Eastern CT. I plan on reusing the carpet as it's in really good shape, and no one I found reproduces "bronze" interior carpet that I could find.

Drivers side floor was definitly ripe. Pictures look a little worse than it is, but it's still bad. There's lots of dirt loose scale just laying there since I didn't vaccum it at time of picture.

pass side needs a small section right above cab mount location. Both sides had surprisingly good kickpanels.

This truck has been repainted atleast 3 times. You can tell because the cab inside is black, door jams are white, and the outside is gray. It was painted gray at the same time as the utility bed and plow were installed. Body work was done atleast once. I picked out all the bondo from the cab corners a couple months ago. Those poor mass trucks must be full of it to pass inspection....none of that here in CT! No emissions here after 25 years and only a bill of sale (No title, no reg) required after 20 years..... May be one of the worst states to live in at the moment, but the motor vehicle laws here sure arn't too bad!

The truck was painted gray to match the fleet in Rolane Transport. I included a pic of the owners Kenworth I found after doing a google search.
Attached Images

SaveRustySqBodys is offline   Reply With Quote