View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
N9nefingers

Belltech 3121 Spindle Help/Question/Rant

This may be long sorry in advance...I've lurked for awhile, asked some questions, gave some help, but for the most part have been just reading on here, trying to learn. I've been building a 70 C10...build thread coming but short history...long to short bed, airbags, painting, etc.

Problem I'm having at the moment is with Belltech drop spindles #3121. They don't work. The 1970 balljoints and tie rods will not fit. I've bought brand new Proforged balljoints and tie rods. It's a so far 5 month long adventure dealing with Belltech, lots of phone call and emails. At one point they admitted to having quality control issues and that every single set of 3121 spindles they had in inventory was not only out of spec but not even within spec of each other. In other words, they do not work as advertised for 63-70 C10's. They said we will fix it, wait a few months and we'll send you another brand new, QA'ed, redesigned spindle for your truck. I waited, the spindle was sent...it doesn't fit. It actually has the same size tapers as they set before that. Measured with a digital caliper.

That's my rant...question is what do I do now? I have seen a lot here vouch for and use Belltech...did you run into these problems? How did you solve them? Or should I just throw the spindles away and go somewhere else?
N9nefingers is offline   Reply With Quote