View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #88
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Cruises as good as the whooped suspension will let it at 65mph. Drivetrain feels smooth and stable. With the open 2.76 gears and rock hard pizza cutter tires, it will do burnouts into 3rd gear. Thats as fast as I was comfortable going with a tire spinning.

I put the front back together, mostly. Its still ugly, but at least it looks complete-ish now.

A few new issues;
Gas gauge isn't working - thinking I might just need to run a new signal or get an aftermarket gauge and wire it directly. The factory gauge is pegged at empty with a half tank in it. Aftermarket gauge would let it be lighted and set me up for the dash-less future.

New found power means my rear diff meets the frame quite often. I'll be doing spring packs this winter, if not before. I have airshocks here that just need a line kit, so those might get thrown back on for the time being since road construction means I basically offroad this every time I drive it.

Also, totally in love with the 5.3/LS swap. It took a while, but the next one will go a LOT faster. Its not even the same truck anymore. It starts every time, drives perfectly, has plenty of power, and really is fun to rip on now.

New wheels and tires this weekend.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote