View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 06:11 PM   #357
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

My process for the letters started by tracing out each letter individually using the tailgate as a template. I used paint masking paper. I held the paper down with one finger in the center of the letter and used free fingers to help hold down any other corners. I traced around the outside with a pencil in the other hand making sure to push the paper down and into the letter recess with light pressure. The paint mask I had was real lightweight and worked really good as a tracing paper.

Once I had it traced in paper I cut it out and then taped it to the Avery Paint Mask and traced it with a Sharpe. Once traced with a Sharpe I removed the paper mask and cut out the letter. All cutting was with a scissors, I used an xacto knife were needed on inside corners. The Avery Paint Mask is adhesive backed, its like vinyl lettering so you just stick it on like a sticker. I sprayed the black for the letter color and let it flash a couple hours, then I just peeled the backing off of the letters I cut out of the Avery Mask and stuck them in place. From there I sprayed the entire tailgate blue, let it flash, carefully pulled the letter mask off and cleared.
Attached Images

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote