View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #68
capev86

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

i got another big box from the truck shop.....

inside and outside door handles, vent window handles, vent window rubbers, upper and lower tailgate gaskets. the two (non a/c) vent hoses are on back order. this order also included a 3/8" stainless pump to carb fuel line so i got that and my pep boys fuel pump mounted to the 307 in my 72 burb 2wd, 3/4 ton so i don't have to use the 5/16" fuel line and adapter for my 4 barrel swap. i just realized that the truck has a hose going to the tank instead of the factory hard line. the hose went onto the new pump super easy so no problems there.

just need to hook up the vacuum gage and make sure the number 1 plug is at tdc and adjust the distributor accordingly before i try and start it up again. last weekend i blew out the back end of a perfectly good muffler because i had the power lead on the negative terminal on the coil (ooops) and it built up unburned gas in the exhaust. i've had backfires in my bike that sounded like a shotgun.......well, this sounded like a revolutionary war cannon going off and both my dad and i thought we were dead for a good moment. i was hoping to get a couple more years out of the dinky stock style exhaust and then shell out some mula for one of those stainless x-pipe magnaflow systems