Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 12:05 AM   #1263
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispbrown36 View Post
Every time I pull something off to work on the truck and start knocking the rust and grime off of it I think, "What would Gregski do?".....and then I give up after cleaning for a second or two...ha ha. I am impressed with your attention to detail.
Yup, years of trial and error and absolute failure, so my new motto is work smarter than harder. If you break things down into smaller projects then you will end up with a routine. Routine means repetition and a system. A routine can be refined and tuned.

Trust me I want instant results too, I am a lot of things but a patient man I am not. I also have a tough time focusing trust me, I want to do 7 things at once all the time, but I say Rusty teach me patience. LOL

In this case I took the hood off and said this will be it, I will not mess with anything else. Then I said ok, one hinge comes off cause I have to take the fender off anyway. Then I said shoot I can't do one hinge and leave his brother dirty and rusty, that's in human. In the end the only thing I did not remove was the hood latch hookie thingie in the front cause those bolt heads were not quite 1/2 inch type but some star looking thingies so I said enuff this stays on, LOL
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote