Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 12:40 AM   #1267
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispbrown36 View Post
The problem I have is I will start on one thing and then while unbolting this or that I think well I might as well do this while I am here.....prioritizing......I fail at.
See I don't have a problem with doing something again because I tell myself ok, so you replaced the intake manifold gasket once, whooptie do, you bolted it back up refering to the book cause you don't even know the torque sequence. Yes you also replaced the lifters cause you said well I already have the intake off anyways.

On the other hand I replace the intake gasket one month and put it all back together. Then six months later I go back in and now replace the lifters. Now I removed and put the intake back on twice. I pretend I am a mechanic and now I worked on two trucks that came in one for intake manifold gasket leak the other for a stuck lifter. So now I got twice the experience. I had to drop the dizzy in twice and the first time I missed it by a tooth the second time I got it right. The second time I knew how the throttle linkage went back on without refering to old pictures, and now I know the bolt sequence by heart.

It is a bit of a silly game I play with my mind, but you have to figure out a way to prioritize to trick yourself if you have to.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote