View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #52
69c10stepside
Large Member

Re: '89 GMC C1500 build thread

I got the engine together the best I could Sunday. Put the oil pan on, valve covers, coil packs, flexplate, rear cover, and the driver side bracket.

Today after work I started working on fitment, just to see how much clearance I was going to have between the ground and the pan etc.. I ended up getting the motor/transmission installed. I took pictures Sunday, but I forgot the camera today.

I did have some trouble with the overall width of the motor trying to fit in the cradle, found that I needed to cut the raised parts out of the clamshell mounts that bolted to the motor. I cut them them out and everything went into place with the engine.

Took a while to get the transmission bolted to the engine, the dowel pins were the issue for me for some reason, I worked them over a little bit and it allowed for everything to slide into place.

My transmission mount crossmember is in the same place, but it acts like it should be forward about an inch or so. I was pretty tired by the time I got it back together, so I wasn't able to check the slip yoke or driveline etc.

I plan on getting the headers installed tomorrow, along with a reinstall of the carb and start on the wiring for the msd box. Also need to put TQ bolts in, dust cover and transmission linkage reinstalled.

Fun stuff!

1972 Gmc Jimmy

1972 Chevy C10 SWB Sold
69c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote