View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 05:57 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: Perfect night for a run

I grew up with my dad being a HS track coach, a damn good one they say. The cool older HS guys when I was a kid were track stars. In school I ran track, but only sprints and long jump. I used to run distance for fitness but never competed. I wanted to stay fit as I aged and this whole running thing kicked off as I was growing up. I just don't seem cut out for it. I can't get excited about doing it and just don't enjoy running along a road. I was born to run fast and pacing for distance bores me. It's not like an abundance of thoughts don't run through your head while running. But often the thoughts would turn to what I'll be getting into when I'm done and that made me anxious to get back. That doesn't mix well with running since it's about relaxing, pacing, rhythm, and keeping a steady stride. I was born to run... fast! Now I have cartilage issues from working hard that would prohibit running. I like to take walks. I feel like I could walk to California

Kudos to those who make the time and stay dedicated to the running.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote