Thread: Security
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #54
BOZO
Old School

Re: Security

I came across an unexpected low buck antitheft device years back. I bought a driveway monitor for my driveway. This thing is a battery powered motion sensor transceiver which sets beside your driveway and sends a signal to a battery powered receiver which you keep at a convenient location. My on the road crews were having problems with our enclosed service trailers being broken into while they were asleep in motel rooms(broken into 3 times). I had them put these monitor transceivers in the trailers and the receivers in their rooms. Within 1 year we were responsible for putting 6 would be thieves in jail on 4 different occasions. The police were fairly impressed with our el cheapo theft deterrent.
The one I have here at the house is no longer in the driveway, I keep it in my gun cabinet where it lets me know the second the door has been opened. Something about the glass door reflects its signal, because I can see the unit right in front of me through the closed glass door but the very second you try to open the door the receiver goes off. The only name on it is DRIVEWAY PATROL. It cost $17 at Lowes (8 years ago) and has a range of about 250 feet.
#1 Project...69 Chevy swb Fleetside (Dad's truck)
#2...1983 El Camino SS (Choo Choo Custom)
#3...1974 Datsun truck (4.3L V6/4L60E)
#4...1951 Cadillac Limo (1975 Caddy running gear)
#5...1938 Dodge M38 3/4 ton Military truck
#6...1968 Sportster XLCH trail bike
5 GMC & Chevy parts trucks 68 to 72
Last but not least;
My 1978 Harley Davidson Electraglide
(trusted & reliable companion for the last 30 years)
BOZO is offline   Reply With Quote