View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 11:27 AM   #11
SkinnyG

Re: LS gas tank for 65?

One car was my Lotus Super 7 replica, and it was at the back of the frame near the tank. I autocrossed this car on slicks, and I wanted to run as light on fuel as I could without starving the pump.

One was my '77 Silverado, and I tucked it inside the frame rail just ahead of the dual tank switch, with an AC Delco electric pump feeding it, and a Ford F150 pump drawing from it. This setup was cheaper than buy two EFI tanks and two EFI pickups and two EFI pumps.

On my V8 Pontiac Firefly I built the fuel tank with a sump inside that WAS the method for fuel to get from the left to the right side of the tank, in the hopes of limiting starvation without running a second pump.

I usually make them about a liter in volume, I'm not sure there is science behind it. The best is tall and narrow, so the outlet is always covered with fuel.

There are a number of aftermarket manufacturers that have a "Fuel Center" which your low pressure pump fills, and a high pressure pump inside does the rest. I have not used one, so I cannot speak to how awesome or wretched they are.

example: https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...0003/overview/

My plan on my '61 is get an EFI Suburban tank and run it at the back.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote