View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #43
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: 67 GMC 1500 Project

Getting a little more done on the truck. We signed up for the hotrod power tour this year and it has been moved to August 23rd. So I got a couple months to get everything squared away for the tour.

This past weekend I rebuilt the QFT carb and I'm glad I did. All the seals were dried up from sitting and there was gunk built up in both bowls. Running way better now...although the idle still likes to move around for some reason. Not sure if the spring is weak on the idle screw or what is happening. I've checked and triple checked for vacuum leaks. oh well.

Here is a short list of things I am going to be fixing/changing before the power tour:
1. New a/c compressor, check for leaks and replace whatever else needs replaced to get the a/c back in working condition.
2. Get rid of that ugly step bumper and get a proper one on.
3. Re-do the driveshaft carrier bearing, it didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped.
4. Replace rear u-joints.
5. Fix the ventilation flapper under the cowl.
6. Maybe tires and wheels?
7. Maybe have trans rebuilt. At minimum replace shift shaft seal.

I also might pull apart all the front end sheet metal and clean up fender wells and rad support. Tired of looking at the surface rust. All the sheet metal needs re-aligned anyways.

That's all I can think of right now that I want to do. Hopefully I can get it all done before Aug 23rd!
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote