View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
100mph

Push Button Start - in factory igntion

To read the original thread and discussion on this topic go here- LINK

If anyone is interested I found a great push button start system that fits in the factory ignition bezel.

Name:  finished install.jpg
Views: 2927
Size:  44.0 KB

and its a really simple install too.

Just remove the factory ignition from the dash and break off the connector

Name:  breaking connector off.jpg
Views: 2079
Size:  41.7 KB

Then you just need to file down a ridge inside the housing so the start button plug will fit through it

Name:  file out igntion housing.jpg
Views: 1978
Size:  36.9 KB

Then you just cut the plug off the factory wiring harness
Name:  factory wiring connector.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  41.6 KB

And from there you simply match the colored wires with the supplied harness - I found looping the wires through the ignition hole a lot easier for soldering (and make sure you have a high wattage iron - these wires are heavy gauge!) And then one wire to the brake switch

Name:  pull wires through hole to solder.jpg
Views: 2127
Size:  36.7 KB

The company that make these systems is Digital Guard Dawg and I have to give them a lot of credit for coming up with a button solution that worked so well in this truck. At first I was trying to find a solution that would fit in the 2" ignition hole in the dash (picture above) but they found a button (Lexus) that fit right into the factory bezel.

You could use a little tape or adhesive but its pretty much just a nice snug press fit into the bezel and in my opinion it looks great!

Here's their website if anyone is interested - just make sure you get the new Lexus slim button

http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/2GOKEYLESS1.html

Last edited by augie; 05-06-2012 at 11:27 PM.