View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #85
gdavis

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
So here's a rundown of my weekend,which was hellish!. On friday morning I wanted a early start, so at eight I cranked over the van's engine...nothing, battery dead, so it took me 40 minutes to get somebody to help me with booster cables (my car was at the workshop and my wife had left for work) The van didn't have wintertires, so driving it through 3" of snow was like dancing with a whale... after several feeble attempts to get up the sloped(!) driveway to the sandblasting company (what were they thinking) I managed to get the cab unloaded and into the blasting room (only 2 hours late).
then we spend the next 5 hours sand blasting the hell of the cabin and the hood..then in the evening we spend the same amount of time taking out the grit and dust..ofcourse we ended up rekitting all the seams. I was home at 2:30 end at 7 my "human alarmclock" dawid was jumping up and down our bed. that day we had a full agenda so I didn't manage to get back to the workshop before 21:30...and guess what? the cabin was already painted!!! My mate Ferry had gone to the workshop at 18:00 and got a head start.
Because this is airplane grade paint, you can spray this wet on wet..so every 20 minutes you give it a fresh coat, so painting doesn't take that long.
I was home again at 2:30,but with a very satisfied feeling.

and now the moment we have all been wainting for!!:
Ferry kitting

blasted rear, firewall and inner roof

Hard rocker panels! we didn't blast the inside floor seeing it didn't have any rust and will be covered by carpet anyway

we almost got a 2gallon bucket full of grit out of the cab.

rekitting

and now some color!

when Ferry was painting I gpt back to my favorit hobby; sandblasting the radiator support.

like a famous Italian actor often says: you do,you like?
cool blue. I like
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote