View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 04:12 PM   #6
Minkota

Re: Proportioning valve line adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
The inlet and outlet sizes are listed in the notes of the ad you posted - that might help you find what you need, but you need to know the size you are adapting from/to from MC and to brake lines. Having said that, the fittings are always a pain no matter what you do. I'd recommend taking the prop valve and your lines from your mc down to the parts store and do a little trial and error - I've had to do that every time. But the sizes listed in the settings will help you narrow down candidate adapters pretty quickly once you're there, if they are labeled.

The prop valve pictured is for a disk/drum setup, aka 71+ (or older trucks with a disk/drum conversion). Disk & drum lines are 3/16" & 1/4", respectively. Your 67's would have been all 1/4" originally. I can't tell from the pic, but are ALL the lines that came with your valve the same size? If they are all 1/4", then it should be correct for a drum/drum system. If one line is smaller, that should be for the disk system. Did you convert to disk/drum or are you still all drums? If you converted to disk/drum, are you switching out the original front system 1/4" lines for 3/16" replacements?

Lastly, is your truck a 1/2 or 3/4 ton? That matters from the perspective of the master cylinder. on 3/4+, the front res is for the rear brakes (and generally connects to the rear system on the prop valve). For a 1/2 ton, it's much more intuitive - front res, front system connections on prop valve, front brakes).
I took it all down to several parts stores (advanced, orielys, auto zone Napa, and Home Depot) nobody local has the fittings I need.

I do have disc/drums, both lines coming from the brakes are the same size. Proportioning valve to master lines came with the valve and they fit perfectly. It’s connecting to the lines going out to the brakes that I am having trouble finding.
Minkota is offline   Reply With Quote