Thread: 1961 Viking
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 12:41 PM   #22
Pick121

Re: 1961 Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloCrewChief View Post
Thanks for the great info. I think I will start by bleeding the wheels cylinder first and then the hydrovac last. I also found a few places that rebuild the hydrovac. I have a good hose manufacturer by me and I may take all the rubber hoses there to be reproduced. Non of the wheel cylinders look like they’re leaking so, hopefully I’m good there. I found this sticker to be pretty cool. It’s in the drivers door jamb.
This reminded me of a guy’s personal page I found where he describes overhauling his ‘64 C60 hydrovac booster himself. He used Reman Inc. for brake parts. Check it out here http://www.chevyc60.com/bendix_hydrovac_overhaul.htm
If you are a DIY guy it might be a cool project and his turned out really great. His restoration site is full of info even though it’s a ‘64 you will find plenty to work with for your ‘61
PS love the sticker, I’m a retired Firefighter and I remember barcode stickers on every piece of equipment for tracking asset location, maintenance records, etc you should definitely keep that sticker in place after restoring!
Pick121 is offline   Reply With Quote