Re: 6 lug rotors ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevemall View Post
I thought I could save money and buy them local from NAPA

I guess I might have to get the ones from CPP

Any help would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy2man63 View Post
I"d like the answer to this question also. So i'm watching.
I have always wanted to explore an option pertaining to your question asked in the very first post. This hands on economy-conversion-build it option would be pending if your new spindles are dimensionally consistent with a factory OE 71/72 disc spindle when it comes to mounting the 1.25" rotor as far as bore depth, bearings & races. The option I have wanted to look into would be using an over the counter easily obtainable from any parts house rotor, an example of my choice would be picking up a Napa #4885537 1/2 ton 5 lug 1.25 standard rotor @ $30.25 ea. or even the step up high performance Napa #PR85537L drilled & slotted version @ $101.15 ea. and then take it to your local axle/machine shop to see if the bolt pattern could be changed from 5 on 5 inch to the 6 on 5.5 inch pattern. Process would be just the opposite of these pictured factory 6 lug 12 bolt rear axles that I had a local machine shop repattern to 5 lug which then allowed me to use this 68 C/10's original narrow housing 12 bolt posi and go to 5 lug now matching the OE 71 front disc conversion swap. Mel
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote