View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #27
1971_CST_C10

Re: Real Ice Coral Pink

going to resurrect this thread, I recently purchased a 71 Super Custom with the deluxe option gmc from Cranbrook BC. I got it home and started a frame off on it and yanked out the factory buckets and console and the woodgrain dash and glovebox. she also has full gauges inc Vacuum gauge and tilt etc. I pulled the fenders off and was revealed that the truck wasnt solid white after all as the cowl sidewall was Pink and after cleaning off the layer of black paint on the firewall it was entirely pink as well. I sent off for the GM package from Oshawa and yep on the Official documentation she is a Coral Ice Pink truck with wooden floor and full gauge package and sold new in BC, to Motors Insurance Corporation of BC. We know them today as dropping the Motors from their name...... So this was a company truck that was loaded for ICBC....
unfortunetly GM doesnt have any number history but did say it was ONLY gmc Not chevy promotion. so any Chevys running around as Coral are fakes as it was a GMC Spring Promotional deal for 1971 only Not in 72 at all so they said. It would be great to know how many gmc's were made in Coral ice Pink and how many Longboxes and how many Shortboxes were offered or made...? anyone have those numbers ? I will post pictures once I get them off my phone.
Darren
1970 El Camino SS
1971_CST_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote