View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #32
1971_CST_C10

Re: Real Ice Coral Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Yes you are correct saying the Coral Ice Pink was a 1971 GMC Spring Promotional thing. I find your use of the word " fakes" very harsh and somewhat insulting seeing I had a1972 C10 painted Coral Ice Pink and I never said it was anything but a repainted truck in the 13 years I owned it. Have you ran across anyone saying they have an original 71/72 Chevrolet Pickup painted Coral Ice Pink? Another thing is I have found over the years there are no absolutes with these trucks as board members are always finding anomalys with paint, packages and options from plant to plant and seeing this was a Canadian only promotion and the pink trucks were built in Oshawa where Chevys were built as well it is feasable that someone with the right connections , think COPO 427 Camaros , could have had a 1971 Chevrolet painted Coral Ice Pink as well. I have have never heard of or seen and original pink Chevy but never say never.
I can not stop you from perceiving the word Fake as being harsh that's your thought and sorry you took it that way. I also never stated in any of my comments in with regards of your truck specifically can you show me where ? I would say your truck is a tribute or a repaint if I had known about it or spoke of it. Anyhow, there is a 72 in Edmonton that the fella swears its original and was part of the spring promotional deal as well. I have also had a 1970 chevelle ss that was a Fake as I cloned it over but fake it was. My 20 years at General Motors I have seen a lot of weird stuff but there is always speculation as thats how rumours start like the LS6 1970 Monte carlo SS but I would say never as 48 years later they would have shown up by now !
1970 El Camino SS
1971_CST_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote