Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 02:39 PM   #528
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
I need a fix man... how about some more pictures...
Me too brother, me too... Unfortunately I have been away on business for a couple weeks... I hope to get back on it this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebra View Post
I did not realize that you could mount the compressor sideways, that would have been nice to do. On a side note, if you get squeals let me know. I spent probably 100 hours on fixing mine and figured out what didn't work and what possibly would work, etc. I tried everything under the sun...it all relates to that bolt into the water pump screwing up the alignment.
My alignment looks good for now with that kwik bracket but I read through your thread, fingers crossed. I will certainly update my experience when I get it running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
I rotated mine like you did after seeing your pics. Gotta get some fittings ordered once I figure out how I'm going into the cab. Can you take any pics of the fittings on the inside where they hook to the VA box? Tight in there, but I am curious how I'm going to do this. I've ordered the VA vertical junction for the firewall as my VA box doesn't turn the fittings out so they are pointed to the firewall. They line up, or point toward, the vent on the side of the cab.

Yeah I can take some pics when I get back in town. For now here is a diagram from my instructions. It shows what it looks like on the back side. And a few other pics on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurry67 View Post
did you go purchase your VA system through ebay? looks really solid, man. i need to pull the trigger on mine. it has been in my cart for a couple weeks now

Thanks man! I ordered my kit from summitracing.com, but I called VA first to make sure I got all the right parts ordered. Here were the part numbers. Came with everything I needed, complete install with mid mount camaro bracket and trinary switch to connect to LS harness.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote